Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vices of life

Perhaps life's sanctity, and not its futility,

lies in dissolute irony.

For if it were non existent, so would be, expression.



To what worth do I condemn myself that my means and ends lay justified?

To what immorality and insanity do I adhere, so to abet my obsessions?

My finality, does not exist if not for my depraved reality,

and so I live on; with heightened sense of good,

naïve, for my life exhibits evil,

in which I revel with perpetual grief.



I panic at its petulant fragility.

It might be so, it never ends.

Albeit fervent, it isn’t in love,

and the hatred sears me blind.

I feel empty, pining for a sense of morose fulfillment,

it evades me, on a shallow premise,

for it never did exist, my elixir.



So here it lay, on truth,

parched, my loving reverie,

I would bid thee farewell, and kiss thee goodbye

but if only I could accept thee 'thatwise'.

No comments: