Saturday, March 27, 2010

As you said Goodbye

What torn promises, you wouldn't keep,

the wreckage behind you, as you leave,

looking back through the speeding glass,

I appear small, my tears smaller still.

I stand alone, as I quiver,

Choking on my tearful pain,

My heart sinks, my eyes squint,

As you disappear in that rain.



The road looks now, an empty rivulet,

Flooded with my aching lament,

I hold on still, I might hear the engine roar,

As it takes you away, and leaves me sore.





What wreckage remains, as you lead

The death of your promises, upon which I weep,

Silently screaming, my body aches,

I still stand still, as now it quakes.


If I turn away, it wouldn’t be a dream,

You would be gone; I would lay forlorn, still

My mind empty, I hear your goodbye,

I close my eyes and silently cry,

Yellow daffodils and bright blue skies,

Perhaps once again, my life would pass by.

No comments: