Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Last Dance



Locked in your arms,

My heart, a great stallion,

gazing glassily into yours,

how I wished I could cry.

wrapped in your arms,

delirious in my pain,

I followed along,

as I longed for you to kiss me.



If I could fathom then,

the inevitability of that end,

when your arms would slip slowly off my waist,

when my eyes would leave your beautiful face,

I would have, with all my heart,

Begged for you, to kiss me.



I would have brought my cheek upon yours

as my body would resist my hearts implore,

to be closer still, to be forever filled,

looking beyond you as I would weep,

my tears wouldn’t stop

and I wouldn’t breathe.




I wouldn’t want you to ever leave.

Oh! My sweet love,

How I would have kissed you then,

If only I knew, I would never dance again.

1 comment:

Teesta said...

Sometimes with one I love I fill myself with rage for fear I effuse unreturn’d love,

But now I think there is no unreturn’d love, the pay is certain one way or another.
-Walt Whitman (Leaves of Grass)

(I would never consider my love unreturned, for if it lay unrequited, I would never write… )